Stop Motion Animator
Closing date: April 17, 2017
Telegael wishes to recruit a freelance stop motion animator for a stop-motion animated feature film currently being produced at its studios in Galway, Ireland.
Captain Morten and the Spider Queen is the first stop-motion animation feature film ever to be produced in Ireland. The film is an enchanting adventure about a young boy who finds himself magically shrunken and Captain of his own toy boat. Featuring the voices of Brendan Gleeson, Ciarán Hinds, Pauline McGlynn, Tommy Tiernan, Jason Byrne and other leading Irish talent, the film is an international co-production with Nukufilm in Estonia and Grid VFX studios of Belgium.
The successful candidate will have at least two years' experience as a stop motion animator.
The role commences on 24 April 2017 at Telegael’s stop-motion studios, located at Tully Industrial Estate, Baile na hAbhann, Galway, Ireland. The services are required for a term of 6 weeks duration.
Job Description - The successful candidate must:
- have strong observational, acting and timing skills;
- be able to work in a range of stop motion animation techniques;
- have good communication skills;
- have good team-working skills;
- be able to clean up puppets;
- be able to operate relevant animation software (DragonFrame) and equipment;
- have a good understanding of character development and storytelling;
- be flexible and adapt to the requirements of the production;
- be able to take direction and accept constructive feedback;
- be able to work without supervision and follow a brief;
- be able to deliver on schedule, working calmly and efficiently under pressure; and
- have knowledge of the requirements of the relevant health and safety legislation and procedures.
- Prior stop-motion animator experience of at least two years;
- Legally allowed to work in Ireland;
- Good working knowledge of Dragonframe; and
- Proficiency with Edit Reader and Fishcat software’s is preferable but not essential.
Please email CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please subject your email “Stop Motion Animator”. Closing date is 17 April 2017.
Salamander Films DAC is an equal opportunities employer.