Junior Legal Counsel Position
Closing date: April 7, 2017
Junior Legal Counsel position in Spiddal Galway. Fixed term position of 12 months duration with real prospect of longer term role for an appropriately qualified and suitable candidate.
Established in 1988, our multi-Emmy® and IFTA award winning studio works with international producers, distributors and broadcasters to develop, finance and co-produce animation and live-action content for the global market. Our client list includes some of the biggest names in global broadcasting and distribution including Lionsgate, ZDF, Disney, Discovery Kids, Super-RTL, KIKA, BBC, Nickelodeon, PBS Sprout and Cartoon Network. We have co-produced more than 750 hours of television. Our productions have been distributed to over 140 territories throughout the world and have been translated into more than 40 languages.
This is an initial 12 month fixed term contract with possibility of extending same for an appropriately qualified and suitable candidate. Immediate start required.
The remit of the role is to support the main legal and business function of the company, reporting directly to the Head of Legal and Head of Finance. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements (film production agreements, financing and distribution agreements, development agreements, service provider agreements, cast & crew contracts, composer agreements, NDA’s, Deal Memorandums, facility and loan agreements and employment contracts)
- Review of co-production partner standard terms and conditions;
- Assisting with making S.481 Film Relief applications;
- Providing support in general to the legal and business functions of the Telegael Group of companies.
- Preparation and filing of annual returns;
- Documenting changes to company particulars and making the appropriate filings with the Companies Registration Office;
- Facilitating and attending board and shareholder meetings and the preparation of minutes of those meetings;
- Interpreting and amending company constitutions;
- Maintenance of statutory books and records;
- Formation of new companies;
- Assist with subsidiary dissolutions and voluntary strike-offs; and
- Liaising with and advising colleagues in matters of company law, employment law and provision of support to the members the company on contractual matters relating to productions.
- Must be a practising solicitor with an excellent academic record.
- Minimum 2 years post qualification experience.
- Bachelors degree in law or business;
- Whilst not essential, prior in-house experience is advantageous.
- Applications are welcome from solicitors with specific experience in one or more of (i) Media and Entertainment industry; (ii) General commercial; (iii) Corporate governance; and (iv) IP/IT
- Ability to take the initiative, be self-sufficient and pro-active, dealing with queries as they arise to the best of your ability;
- Attention to detail;
- Good organisational skills
- Highly efficient and capable of prioritising and working to deadlines;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in drafting and negotiating commercial agreements
- Proven ability and commitment to work both independently and collaboratively with numerous people at all levels throughout the company;
- Ability to manage multiple projects;
- Capable of working on own initiative;
- Demonstrated ability to identify, prioritise and resolve issues quickly and effectively.
Please subject your email “Junior Legal Counsel”
For further information contact Michelle Feely or Bernie Ní Shúilleabháin at Telegael on 091 558 600
Closing date for applications is Friday, 7th April 2017 at 5.00 p.m.
Telegael Teoranta is an equal opportunities employer.