Production Designer - For Animation Department
Closing date: October 7, 2016
Production Designer required with artistic, creative and technical experience in animated series and features
Established in 1988, our multi-Emmy® and IFTA award winning studio works with international producers, distributors and broadcasters to develop, finance and co-produce animation and live-action content for the global market.
Our client list includes some of the biggest names in global broadcasting including ZDF, Disney, Discovery Kids, France Television, Super-RTL, KIKA, BBC, Nickelodeon, PBS Sprout and Cartoon Network. We have co-produced more than 750 hours of television. Our productions have been distributed to over 140 territories throughout the world and have been translated into more than 40 languages.
About the Position
We are seeking to hire a Production Designer with previous production experience in 2D animated series on a fixed term full time contract. We are seeking portfolios/reels that show strong artistic, creative and technical understanding of human and not-so-human forms; a variety of styles; mouth charts, hand charts and turnarounds. Very strong knowledge and understanding of perspective is a must and should be shown in your previous work. While the current series is 2D Flash it would be an advantage to have worked on CGi series or features. Having worked as a location designer or possession of a strong location design portfolio would also be beneficial.
To start as soon as possible at our Head Office located at Telegael, Spiddal, Co. Galway. Closing Date for applications is Friday 7th October at 5.00 p.m. Applications submitted after this time will not be considered.
- Working with the Design Supervisor to create performable characters and props according to the style of the production.
- Translating character and prop descriptions from script/animatic to visual design.
- Creating model sheets for props and character turnarounds and mouth charts, expressions as required.
- Meeting the visual style of the show while working with archive materials from previous seasons.
- Creating assets and bringing them to final colour model stages, ready for animation production packs.
- 3+ years professional experience designing characters and props in Flash
- Have a strong drawing ability, both traditionally and digitally, and a solid sense of design for 2D animation
- Possess a high degree of proficiency in Photoshop and Flash
- Degree/Diploma from a recognized animation college is desirable
- Be able to work digitally (Photoshop, Flash etc. – After Effects would be an advantage)
- Demonstrable industry experience in design for CGi series and feature would be an asset
- A strong understanding of proportion, balance, perspective, dimension, dynamism and a great sense of colour
- Ability to take direction and work collaboratively within a team
- Ability to communicate professionally and positively
- Be well organized with good time management skills
Email an up-to-date copy of your resume and portfolio attachments / links
Please subject your email “Production Designer vacancy”
For further information contact Morgan O’Brien or Colm Griffin at Telegael on 091 558 600