Head Of Design Supervisor
Closing date: August 31, 2016
Established in 1988, our multi-Emmy® and IFTA award winning studio works with international producers, distributors and broadcasters to develop, finance and co-produce animation and live-action content for the global market.
Our client list includes some of the biggest names in global broadcasting and distribution including Lionsgate, ZDF, Disney, Discovery Kids, Super-RTL, KIKA, BBC, Nickelodeon, PBS Sprout and Cartoon Network. We have co-produced more than 750 hours of television. Our productions have been distributed to over 140 territories throughout the world and have been translated into more than 40 languages.
About the Position
We are seeking a Head of Design Supervisor to manage and supervise our design team. The successful candidate will have a keen eye for the aesthetic needs of our projects and will be able to juggle priorities while consistently meeting design objectives. The successful candidate will enjoy managing and mentoring a team and be able to maintain excellent relationships with clients and colleagues.
For immediate start at our Head Office at Telegael, Spiddal, Co. Galway.
The responsibilities of this position are artistic, creative, managerial and technical and include the following:
- Ensuring all designs (Character, Location, Prop, VFX) and the colour palette support the overall creative vision for the story and style of the project while maintaining suitability in aesthetic, function and form.
- Overseeing the design and production of each asset and ensuring that the deliverable files are animation ready.
- Interpreting and incorporating feedback in a timely and qualitatively acceptable way.
- Adhering to the production schedule, ensuring the design team meets key milestones and deadlines.
- Sharing information, methodologies and ideas with others, providing guidance/mentorship to the design team.
- Proactively communicating with the line producers and other key internal parties to anticipate and tackle potential problems. Keeping good communication with overseas studios and maintaining those relationships.
- Responsible for artists day-to-day schedules and holiday schedules to ensure that pending deadlines are met.
- You will be required to handle Location Design stages of design production.
- Managing and carrying out internal company design needs as required.
- Troubleshooting software and hardware issues in the department with the help of the IT team.
- Maintaining order and upkeep of the files management system folders, files and back-up.
- 5+ years of industry experience working as a Design Supervisor with prior experience on 2D Flash and CGi episodic projects.
- Comprehension and experience of the animation industry and its various platforms.
- Experience managing a dynamic team of talented animation artists.
- 3rd level qualification in animation desired, or equivalent with substantial experience in the industry.
- Strong drawing, illustration and painting skills with working knowledge of anatomy, proportion, perspective, composition and colour.
- High degree of proficiency in Photoshop, Flash and After Effects. Maya would be beneficial.
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly and concisely, to anticipate hurdles and problem-solve.
- Be well organized and efficient, able to juggle shifting priorities and meet performance objectives within a fast-paced production environment.
- Able to receive direction, translate directorial vision to a working team and work collaboratively with a positive attitude.
Please subject your email “ Head of Design Supervisor Position”
For further information contact Michelle Feely or Enda Boner at Telegael on 091 558 600